Default Whats the best deck design program you have used?

Im looking to get a deck design program to free me up some time. I have always drawn my decks by hand at the drafting table trying to make use of the four years of drafting I took in highschool, before software like this was even thought of.

Deck Tools looks nice but its kinda pricey.

Big Hammer Pro seems to be stalled in developement as I have signed up to test their product several times over the last year and still have heard nothing from them.

What would you recommend based on your actual usage?
    Start enjoying your backyard !!!

Frank Nemethvargo III
    A.V. Decks

Default Re: Whats the best deck design program you have used?

Hi Frank,

The truth is I'm not that familiar with what options are really out there.

I do know when I was first looking into it I didn't see anything that quite fit the bill or they seemed to complicated for me to use.

I will tell you that Decktools has been one of the most useful and best investments I've made. I used to hand draw and evryone I was around did the same prior to using the Decktools.

It saves me tons of time on both designing and estimating projects. It will do take offs and has numerous other features as well.

Using it has also allowed me to provide more options for each customer because of the ability to quickly create the drawings and to make the tweaks when necessary.

I know many of the top deck builders across the country are using this.

Bobby Parks

Peachtree decks and Porches LLC

I currently do not have a deck program but have done extensive research and Decktools it IT.

Rod Jackson
    Legacy Decks
    Snohomish, Wa

Default Re: Replete world of warcraft gold

ignoring the SPAM right above me...

DeckTools is the best I've used. Hands down!

~Matt

best software in canada is punch ultimate home design-creates actual deck image as well as all blue prints needed (good software)

I use Punch!Pro ...fast learning curve not much to buy and more than adequate with its tools and 'flying' views. Good to show the clients a preview too.
    For material take-offs, sf calculations, cost estimates and bill-of-materials I use an application I adapted to MS works. I'll send a copy of that to anyone who wants it.
    Gene

We are also looking into DeckTools, but build primarily Trex decks and was disappointed that DeckTools does not have any Trex Railings in their program as well as the new Trex decking product, Escapes. What program do other Trex builders use? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolidBuildersInc View Post
    We are also looking into DeckTools, but build primarily Trex decks and was disappointed that DeckTools does not have any Trex Railings in their program as well as the new Trex decking product, Escapes. What program do other Trex builders use? Thank you.
    I use autocad 2008 with your drafting experience you should be confortable using it.
    I am able to layout decking however I want as well as build the deck piece by piece from the ground up before I ever buy a nail, strike that, screw.

It also allows me to render the drawings for a sales presentations.
    Create accuret material estimates.

It takes time to learn the software but for me nothing compaires to it.

hi everyone !!!!

well i've been doing lots of hunting for FREE programs . and the best two i found is lowe's deck designer it pretty much does everything deck design ,materials, and figures beams ,another one i found was bob villa's deck designer both are free to use hope that helps