Default liability insurance

just checking what every bodies liability insurance coverage and cost is around the country?

Default Re: liability insurance

It will all depend upon the number of employees and the volume of saels, last year mine was $4,500... Not a lot of fun...
    Colorado Deck and Framing - The finest in outdoor living
    [url]www.cdfcontracting.com[/url]

It depends really... I have what I consider a cheap liability insurance and I paid $5.8k last year

@RobertCDF: How many employees do you have?
    Last edited by Laurie Elden; 08-24-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: deleted hyperlink

$800 for $2mil.

Doesn't depend on anything but what I'm doing and doesn't go up unless my sales are over $something-million (which they are not)

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
    $800 for $2mil.

Doesn't depend on anything but what I'm doing and doesn't go up unless my sales are over $something-million (which they are not)
    Wish I had that, they feel that the more employees you have the more chance of them doing something that will cause a claim. Keep in mind these are REAL employees not subs, subs is a different ball game since they carry their own insurance. They also feel the more volume you are doing = the more work you are doing = the more chance for something to go wrong and cause a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by failboom View Post
    It depends really... I have what I consider a cheap liability insurance and I paid $5.8k last year

@RobertCDF: How many employees do you have?
    That was based on 6 real employees plus me. Right now I have cut back to 3 for the coming winter. I am trying to book us through all the way into spring now and if we continue getting calls then I will add a few more back on. I have 1 for sure that wants to wait for winter, I have 1 that I have not yet closed that wants winter, I have 1 that I feel I can talk into a winter project and these are mostly 4-6 week projects. So by the time we factor in some weather delays and holidays we should be set for spring soon.

In fact I was paying through my nose last year (aboout $5500), but apparently realized that rates differ a lot depending on the company. It's possible to find better policies online, just browse the web and u're good :)
    Photo Edit http://easyphotoeditor.org/