Default New To The Business

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for low cost to no cost advertising or listings? I've done some code calling and cragslist but am looking to list instead so clients can find me. Specifically private home owners and income property owners.

Default Re: New To The Business

A Web Site - Free space from your internet provider or another free web space provider such as http://home.officelive.com/

A domain name - $10.00 a year then cost can go up from a domain name provider Yahoo.com has this available

There are sever free local listing sites for your business regester you business with all you can find ( listings are free) They do sell other services.
    Here is one
    http://www.merchantcircle.com/

If you are real new then use the free press to list $20.00 a week.

List in a large general local area ( your county) and target the areas you are looking for.

Also list with a internet listing provider in order to get your site on the 1st page of the search engine listings. I use superpages.com $25.00 a month

Do some research into SEO for your web page. you can design and publish your own web site page for free you just have to learn how.

As you can see $10.00 a year, $25.00 a month, $360.00 a year + extra local listing such as the free press and local events,golf corse score cards ,high school sporting event handouts.......

Referrals from previous jobs are bar none the best leads you could ever ask for and they are almost free. They are also easier to close and easier to get higher margin. If you have happy customers, call them and ask for refs. Set up a ref farm to maximize the number of leads you can get from each new customer. People like to tell their friends about the great job you did. Figure out a way to get those peoples contact info. One way is to give your new customer a bbq grill when the deck is finished. Ask them to throw a deck warming party and invite their friends. Be there cooking burgers on the grill when they do. Buy the meat! You're guaranteed leads for $500 investment. I did this and it's neat when you have one of these and see three or four couples that all have your deck on their house. Imagine how sold the guy that doesn't have you deck will be at the end of the party. Good Luck in the business!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNH View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for low cost to no cost advertising or listings? I've done some code calling and cragslist but am looking to list instead so clients can find me. Specifically private home owners and income property owners.
    Google maps is one especially if you have a website, if you don't have a website ... I would look really hard a getting one, even if you do it yourself.

You can get a facebook page, a blog, and twitter page for free also.
    Bayn
    [url]http://www.autumnwoodconstruction.com/[/url]